Geological Society of Minnesota
14 September 2015
Minutes of the Annual Meeting
Annual Meeting called to order at 7:00 PM at the U Garden Restaurant, Minneapolis. There were more than 65 members in attendance so a quorum was established.
Field Trip announcement – Pilot Knob walking tour by Randy Strobel, Sunday September 20th, from 1:00 to 3:00 PM.
Election of new members to the Board.
- Three Board members are leaving the board on January 1, 2016: Roger Benepe, Dave Wilhelm, and Deb Preece
- Two current Board members have expired terms and have agreed to run for a second term: Mary Helen Inskeep and Ruth Jensen.
- Other current Board members include: Becky Galkiewicz, Mark Ryan, John Jensen, Dan Japuntich and John Grams
- Two GSM members have been nominated for the Board: Dick Bottenberg and Kate Clover.
- The four people running for the Board introduced themselves briefly.
Motion: The two Board members running for a second term and the two GSM members nominated for a first term shall be elected by the GSM membership. Made by Bill Robbins, seconded by Mark Ryan.
Motion passed unanimously.
The next meeting of the Board is Thursday, November 12th. Meeting was adjourned.
Rebecca Galkiewicz, Secretary